We are searching for an experienced Accountant I at our 63rd St Operations facility.
Position Title: Accountant I
# of Positions to Fill:1
Department/Program: Finance 63100
Work Authorization: Hybrid On-Site/Remote
Campus Location: 63rd St Operations
Reports to: Controller
FLSA Classification Non-Exempt/Hourly
FTE:100% (40 hrs/week)
Application Deadline: March 1, 2024
The Accountant I ensures accuracy, completeness, and compliance with university, local, state, and federal requirements, standard accounting and audit procedures (GAAP,IFRS); monitors and maintains key accounting information for the operating unit within the finance system. The Accountant I communicates with multiple departments across the university to ensure expenses and revenues are correctly assigned. The Accountant I ensures timely payment of all invoices, purchase cards and employee reimbursements. The Accountant I collaborates with internal and external auditors, providing necessary documentation and information during audits. The Accountant I plays a primary role in the training of employees relating to proper submission of payables, maintains a positive working relationship with both internal departments and vendors, and helps to maintain and develop processes with the objectives of efficiency and accountability in support of the University's mission.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records for the university.
- Record and classify financial transactions, ensuring compliance with accounting standards and university policies
- Process invoices and payments, ensuring timely and accurate payments to vendors
- Handle vendor inquiries and communications.
- Complete monthly review of open PO's and vouchers.
- Maintain all W-9 Forms, including ensuring that a W-9 is received for all vendors
- Assist in the processing of yearly 1099 tax forms.
- Perform extensive data entry associated with accounts payable, as well as maintain accounting filing system.
- Reconcile company purchase card (PC) transactions.
- Maintain University fixed asset schedule and process monthly depreciation entries.
- Process all accounting department deposits
- Complete ad hoc special projects as requested or approved by the Controller.
- Work directly and independently with peers throughout the University to secure necessary data, streamline processes, and resolve outstanding issues.
- Develop and maintains positive, effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
What Naropa Requires…
- All job candidates must hold a commitment to co-create a diverse and inclusive community and actively participate in related JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion) professional development regarding the dynamics of privilege and oppression and the impact these have in the workplace.
- All job candidates must demonstrate their level of understanding of the dynamics of privilege and oppression, and the impact these have on equity, access, and opportunity.
- All job candidates must demonstrate an appropriate level of understanding of and appreciation for the values of Naropa University and the capacity to demonstrate an integration and embodiment of these values as evidenced in work, communication, collaboration styles, and other general workplace behaviors
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
May prior relevant experience substitute for degree? (If yes, please explain.) ☒Yes ☐No
- Four (4) years of accounting, finance, or related experience , or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Minimum length of prior applicable professional experience required:
- Two (2) years of accounting experience, or an equivalent professional experience
(PLEASE NOTE: each applicant's experience and demonstrated skills are assessed on a case-by-case basis as to their relevancy to the position applied for as well as whether they may substitute for required degree
Other Experience, Knowledge, Skills, or Competencies Requirements?
What We'd Like You to Have…
- Accounting experience in a college or university setting.
- Experience working in Colleague or a similar ERP
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
- Maximum amount of weight employee must be able to lift/carry with or without reasonable accommodation(s): 25 lbs
- During regular daily activities, employee must be able to do the following with or without reasonable accommodation: sit, stand, walk, handle/finger, bend at the waist, reach above shoulder level,
- During regular daily activities, employee may be exposed to: interruptions/distractions.
Naropa's health and welfare benefits include the following: medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-paid life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment, an employer-sponsored pre-tax retirement savings plan, and a variety of voluntary, employee-paid supplemental insurance plans.
A comprehensive benefits package is available to full-time employees who work a minimum of 30 hours each week.
Employees who work 20 – 29 hours each week are eligible for only the employer-paid short-term & long-term disability, employer-paid life insurance & accidental death and dismemberment, and the retirement plan
Employees who work fewer than 20 hours per week are eligible to participate in Naropa's retirement plan only
All regular full-time and part-time employees accrue sick leave benefits; accrual rates vary based on the position, hours worked, and years of service.
Naropa University's commitment to diversity aligns with its highest aspirations to apply contemplative inquiry and education to explore and embody the human qualities that facilitate collaboration to create a common humanity and a just society. Individuals who have experience with and a commitment to inclusive communities are encouraged to apply. EOE
Title IX is a federal civil rights law that prohibits gender discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual and relationship violence. This law applies to all students, faculty, and staff.
To apply, visit https://naropa.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/937?c=naropa
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency