This ad is expired.
Director, Customer Services
Job No: 531331
Work Type: Management (MPP)
Categories: MPP, At-Will, Full Time, Information Systems & Technology, Telecommute eligible (work onsite as scheduled and/or as requested and telecommute as scheduled)
Working Title: Director, Customer Services
Classification Title: Administrator II (MPP II)
Priority Application Date (Posting will remain open until filled): Thursday, September 28th @ 11:55pm PST
Reporting to the AVP of Academic Technology & Campus Engagement, the Director, Customer Services, leads team members that deliver campus-wide, customer services as the Service Desk.
The IRT Service Desk serves as the first point of contact for diverse faculty, staff, and students in need of technology services and solutions that facilitate mission critical activities, such as teaching and learning, as well as campus operations. As such, these areas provide indispensable services to campus that must be user centric, responsive, and accessible. The position partners with distributed IT services to deliver seamless, campus-wide IT service management.
This position proactively engages campus stakeholders to guide planning and decision making for his/her scope of services. This position also gauges satisfaction with services with the goal of providing excellent experiences and continuous service improvements. This position defines and reports metrics for his/her scope of services.
The Director, Customer Services helps lead multiple projects to improve/innovate service delivery based on current and emerging campus needs. This position serves as an effective change agent and change manager to guide teams and stakeholders through changes coupled with campus/divisional goals.
This position is a leadership role in developing and maturing our service catalog, service levels, and service management standards and processes with the goal of creating an excellent, consistent, and sustainable experience for faculty, staff, and students. This position ensures that standards and processes are documented, communicated, and updated regularly. This position continuously assesses the effectiveness of our service model at all tiers and works with other Directors to ensure that we close the loop on every request we receive and address the root cause of recurring issues.
The Director, Customer Services communicates proactively and transparently and maintains effective relationships with campus partners and serves as an advocate for customers and sustainable campus technology standards and practices.
FLSA: Exempt (Not eligible for overtime compensation)
Anticipated Hiring Range: $9,000 per month - $11,000 per month, commensurate with candidate's education, experience, skills, and training
CSU Classification Salary Range: $4,583 per month - $14,713 per month
Best-in-class Benefits: Click here to learn more
CSU Total Compensation: Click here to learn more
Salary Grade/Range: 2
Recruitment Type: Regular (At-Will)
Time Base: Full-Time
Pay Plan: 12 months
Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm. Other hours as required.
Hybrid work flexibility is available at up to 1-2 days a week remote, on an opt-in basis.
Please visit the following webpage for more information on the CSU Telecommuting Program: https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/internal/your-hr/telecommuting-program.html.
Per our Out of State Employment Policy (see below), a successful candidate must reside within the State of California upon time of hire.
Who is IRT?
Information Resources & Technology (IRT) partners with faculty, staff, and students to provide essential information technology services that support mission critical activities and innovative technology solutions that facilitate the accomplishment of strategic campus goals at Sacramento State.
For more information, please visit: www.csus.edu/irt
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing a high-performing customer service team; responsibilities include setting performance standards and team metrics, ensuring that team members receive training, mentoring, and professional development they need to be successful, and fostering a strong sense of teamwork, shared accountability, and cross-functional communication and collaboration.
- Demonstrated experience engaging diverse stakeholders and gauging customer satisfaction through surveys, focus groups, and/or other means.
- Demonstrated experience consistently providing high-quality, user-centric customer service and enterprise technical support services to diverse stakeholders, such as faculty, staff, and/or students, in a variety of modalities e.g. online synchronous, online self-service, face to face, telephone, chat.
- Demonstrated experience applying agile management principles to multiple complex projects and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience developing, documenting, and improving/innovating processes.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to develop, manage, and continuously improve IT service management model, service catalog, and service levels in collaboration with colleagues and campus.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to model tact and professionalism when conditions are complex, ambiguous, or stressful; willingness and desire to serve as the 'face of the service desk' and an advocate for the end user experience and campus standards and practices.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to translate and mediate inside and outside the IT organization.
- Demonstrated experience as an effective change agent and change manager at the team, organization, and campus level.
- Evidence of excellent relationship management skills, including the ability to proactively partner with various leadership and stakeholder groups throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to define performance metrics and measurements to improve the customer journey.
Conditions of Employment
- Ability to pass background check
- Master's degree from an accredited university or college.
- Demonstrated ability to provide enterprise leadership in IT customer service and end-user support.
- At least five years of experience working in an IT service environment in higher education; demonstrated understanding of the mission, goals, and complexities of higher education.
- Demonstrated understanding of enterprise hardware and software support standards and practices at a large organization (20,000+).
- Demonstrated experience in traditional and visual IVR, driving efficiency, and delivering a personalized and digital experience to the voice customers.
Documents Needed to Apply
*Failure to upload the required documentation may lead to disqualification.
Diversity Statement - You will be prompted to respond to the following Diversity Statement prompt as part of your application:
Sacramento State is on a mission to create a welcoming campus free from all forms of bias, discrimination, and oppression. Please share personal and/or professional examples highlighting your support and achievement of antiracism, diversity, equity, and, inclusion efforts.
About Sac State
Sacramento State is located in the heart of California's capital city, five miles from State Capitol. The lush, 300-acre campus is situated along the American River, close to numerous bike trails and other recreational areas. Sacramento, also known as the "Farm-to-Fork Capital," is one of the most ethnically diverse and livable cities in the country, with a population of half of a million. Sacramento State's 31,000 students come not only from the Greater Sacramento Region, but also from across the state, country, and world. Our 1800 faculty and 1,500 staff are committed to meeting our mission: "As California's capital university, we transform lives by preparing students for leadership, service, and success. Sacramento State will be a recognized leader in education, innovation, and engagement." As the regional hub of higher education, Sac State is dedicated to student success, diversity, equity and inclusion, community engagement, philanthropy, and campus safety.
As evidenced by the values embedded in our Hornet Honor Code, Sacramento State is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all faculty, staff, students, and guests are welcome and valued. Our commitment is more than simply ensuring that our campus is free from bias and discrimination, but is one devoted to celebrating many diverse identities, life experiences, and perspectives that enrich our community, teaching and learning.
To learn more about why you should join the Hornet Family, please visit the Why Sac State? page.
Background Check Disclaimer
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. One variation of background check required could be a LiveScan screening, which involves submitting fingerprints at a certified LiveScan Service Center.
COVID-19 Vaccine Certification Information
Per the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, it is strongly recommended that all California State University, Sacramento employees who are accessing office and campus facilities follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications.
Out of State Employment Policy
Sacramento State University, as part of the CSU system, is a State of California Employer. As such, the University requires all employees (up)on date of hire to reside in the State of California.
As of January 1, 2022 the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
Equal Employment Opportunity
California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/human-resources/benefits/reasonable-accomodation.html
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit https://www.csus.edu/administration-business-affairs/human-resources/learning-development/csu-learn.html.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the current Annual Security Report (ASR) is available for viewing at https://www.csus.edu/clery .
The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, crime prevention and sexual assault prevention information, and drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery Act crimes for Sacramento State for the last three (3) calendar years. Paper copies are available upon request at the Police Service Center located in the University Union.
Selected candidate must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the United States. California State University, Sacramento is not a sponsoring agency for staff and management positions (i.e. H-1-B Visa).
Note to Applicants:
Possession of the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview unless required by collective bargaining agreement.
Advertised: September 07, 2023 (10:15 AM)
Applications Closes: Open Until Filled
To apply, visit https://careers.csus.edu/en-us/job/531331/director-customer-services
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency