This ad is expired.
Library Support Specialist (Technical Services)
Athens State University
The Library Support Specialist (Technical Services) assists the cataloging and systems librarian with various critical tasks, such as the cataloging and processing of library materials, and ensuring the accuracy of metadata in the online discovery system.
Assist the cataloging and systems librarian with tasks, such as:
- Copy cataloging new books and donations
- Withdrawing electronic records from the cataloging system
- Preparing items for shelving
- Assisting in metadata clean-up projects
- Staying up-to-date on technological aspects of the online discovery system
- Staff the Kares Library Information Desk
- Serve on library and university committees as needed
- Participate in professional development
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing work scope and tasks based on need.
- Actively works towards building cooperative relationships with peers and internal faculty and staff.
- Maintains "open door" to internal and external customers.
- Identifies opportunities for improvements to work practices and offers viable solutions for implementation.
- Proactively engages in problem solving related to tasks in this position with internal and external people.
- Routinely practices self-monitoring by assessing self to make improvements or take corrective action to improve performance.
- Completes other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelors degree required from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum one year of full-time work in a library or similar organization
- Above average oral and written communication skills
- Proactive approach to problem-solving
- Adept at tasks that require attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or with minimum supervision
- Capacity to thrive in a rapidly changing work environment
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products
Salary Band: N140To view salary schedules visit: https://www.athens.edu/about/offices/human-resources/salary-schedule-tables/ Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Unofficial transcripts should be from the college or university which verifies minimum qualifications for the position. Upon an offer of employment, official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be submitted. Continued employment is contingent upon receipt of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
Please provide contact information for three professional references on your application.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://jobs.athens.edu/postings/search
About Athens State University
Located in historic Athens, Alabama, Athens State University offers junior and senior-level coursework to community college graduates and transfer students holding sufficient credits from other institutions. Presently, over 3,100 students have selected Athens State because of its neighborly environment where 50 majors and degree programs are offered, with courses taught by a supportive and exceptional faculty. Approximately 80% of the students are enrolled in at least one online course. The typical student is a working adult who commutes. Recently, the University was featured in the 2015 Best Value Online College Rankings by OnlineU.org for four online programs including computer science, accounting, education and human resources. The University offers undergraduate degree programs in Liberal Arts, Teacher Preparation, and Business. The University employs more than 350 full and part-time employees with approximately 90 full-time faculty members in three colleges: College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, and College of Education. Seventy-five percent of the full-time faculty members hold a terminal degree. The University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Athens, Alabama is located in north Alabama equidistant between Nashville, TN and Birmingham, AL. Athens is home to several events and festivals that have been featured as the Southeast Tourism Societys "Top 20 Events in the Southeast" including the Athens Storytelling Festival and the Tennessee Valley Old Time Fiddlers Convention.
In accordance with Athens State University Policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from that criminal background check.
Non-Discrimination Policy Statement Athens State University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. Athens State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability, religion, genetic information, or veteran status in employment, or admissions to or participation in educational programs and activities. Inquiries or concerns may be addressed to the Office of the Vice President of Enrollment and Student Support Services, 300 N. Beaty St., Athens, AL 35611, 256- 233-8175.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency