- Senior Administrative Assistant
- Go to our website »
Senior Administrative Assistant
Job Family: Secretarial
Effective Date: 4/18/2023
* Job Summary: Provides administrative support and oversight to department.
Position Focus: Reporting directly to the Associate Director of Finance and Administration, the Senior Administrative Assistant (SAA) provides support for both the Director and Associate Director of The Yale Institute for Biospheric Studies, the Director & Assistant Director of Finance & Administration, Financial Assistant and Associate Communications Officer. This position manages administrative support, events, travel arrangements, summer undergraduate housing, and will also take part in other projects and new initiatives in the institute. Working collaboratively as part of a team, the SAA works with colleagues in and across the Institute, other University departments, students, faculty, and external advisory board members. The SAA handles confidential information, balances ongoing workflow with time-sensitive and emergent situations, and triages escalation.
Note: Non-standard workweek with occasional evening hours and occasional weekend hours required.
* A cover letter and resume must be included with application in order to be considered.
1.Oversees and coordinates administrative, program, and office activities. Establishes, selects, implements, and coordinates office procedures and systems. Serves as principal source of information to students, staff, and faculty on policies, procedures, programs, and office activities.
2. Oversees, instructs, and coordinates activities of support staff. Oversees the preparation of materials for grants, contracts and budgets. Monitors expenditures and reconciles financial statements.
3. Provides editorial support for a journal/publication. Proofreads and edits material for grammatical and factual accuracy. Tracks copy through various editing and production stages. Communicates with authors, printers, and others concerned with published work.
4. Determines administrative, facility, and equipment needs for symposia, lectures, seminars, and conferences. Assembles and arranges for necessary items. Determines sources of data. Compiles, synthesizes and manipulates data. Summarizes findings and writes reports or portions of reports.
5. Greets visitors. Answers and screens telephone calls. Assesses nature of business. Responds to requests for information and provides assistance. Screens and responds to mail.
6. Formats, keyboard, proofread, and edits correspondence, reports, manuscripts, grants, and other material. Assembles attachments and corresponding material. Reviews outgoing material for completeness, dates, and signatures. Composes substantive correspondence and written material.
7. Coordinates travel arrangements. Schedules and coordinates meetings and appointments. Orders and maintains inventory of supplies. Takes minutes or dictation. Performs additional functions incidental to office activities.
Required Education and Experience:
Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an associate degree; or little or no work experience and a bachelor's degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Skills & Abilities:
1. Must have event planning experience.
2. Proven ability to be a resourceful and an independent problem solver. Ability to react quickly
and have composure under pressure. Demonstrated commitment to a high level of customer
3. Strong organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to prioritize work, recognize and set
urgent priorities, take necessary steps to resolve expeditiously and efficiently and timely
escalation as needed.
4. Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong attention to detail. Excellent
computer skills including Excel, Microsoft Office, and Teams. Strong experience using Social
Tables a plus.
5. Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact well with students, international
trainees and visitors, faculty, and staff. Ability to function effectively as a team member and work with a wide variety of constituents.
Required Licenses or Certifications: Must possess a valid driver's license
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift 40 lbs. or more
If interested, please apply: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25053&siteid=5383&AReq=81112BR
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency